AardGeek

We are not sure.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

9:07 PM

at the high point: a dead tree,
still standing
evidence of a campfire,
age unknown
snail on a rock (no shell),
inert alive

nearby: evergreen-bough chamber,
animal droppings
single impression in the soft soil
vaguely clawlike
mud and water on every trail
rain ripples

all of this exists because
I screamed and slugged a tree
shouted 'til my voice gave out
made my knuckles bleed
I hit and hit the stoic bark
rage frustration helplessness
and when my thermonuclear fire
was quenched, its fuel spent
my body - standing by the car
in the turnout nowhere near
a stoic tree - rejoined
my quieter imagination
and drove us to the high point

July 2001

1 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 09:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought-provoking, mootable pv. just my thoughts, well anyways gl & be chipper is what i say

 

Post a Comment

<< Home